Frequently Asked Questions

Francophone immigration program
What are "settlement agents"? How can they help me settle in Canada?

Settlement agents are competent and qualified professionals, especially trained to help future arrivals and newcomers settle and establish in Canada, whether they have immigrated or are still in their country of origin.

Settlement agents of the Francophone Immigration Program of British Columbia (PIFCB) regularly assist the new and future French-speaking immigrants who settle in British Columbia, and also those settling in the Western Canada (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon, Northwest Territories).

Whether it's helping you enrol your children in school, taking English classes, or getting settled in Canada, settlement agents are an essential support resource   for successful settlement in Canada.

Settlement agents can:

  • Assess your needs
  • Inquire about all settlement aspects in Western Canada
  • Provide  you with the appropriate and necessary resources
  • Let you know what should be known and what to do to successfully settle in Canada
  • Support you in the various administrative procedures (obtaining health insurance, social security number, driver's licence, etc.)
  • Assist you with your job search
  • Connect you  with employers looking for Francophone or bilingual candidates
  • Match you up with community members
  • Guide you