Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Be Sage, build on.
The Customer Support Analyst ( Technical Support ) is responsible for enhancing each customer’s relationship with Sage. This objective will be primarily accomplished by providing assistance for customers with questions or issues regarding Sage's products or services and their application in the customer’s business operating environment. Support is provided in adherence to company guidelines and will be performed through various channels (telephone, email, chat, etc.). Customer relationships will also be enhanced by the identification of customer needs that can be addressed by additional Sage products or services. In addition, analysts will regularly author articles for submission to the knowledge base and engage in team-based project work.
• Provides an Extraordinary Customer Experience by addressing inquiries using a variety of channels (telephone, email, chat, social media, etc.) in a support-center environment adhering to scheduled shifts, procedures, metrics, and departmental goals
• Identifies the root cause of the client’s software or system issues and uses system analysis and testing techniques to solve low to moderately complex application or system issues
• Uses Knowledge Center Support (KCS) methodologies to efficiently resolve issues. Contributes to company knowledge capital by creating and modifying reusable solutions in the knowledge base according to established procedures and policies. Actively promotes the knowledge base to our customers. Maintains article quality standards
• Assists customers in gaining the most value from their Sage products and services
• Identifies additional opportunities for Sage solutions to benefit the customer's business needs
• Documents each customer contact using our contact tracking systems in a clear, concise, and understandable format. Escalate unresolved customer issues with all pertinent information included, to appropriate resources
• Works collaboratively and effectively within a team of peers. Maintains a positive, constructive attitude in the workplace. This includes presenting challenges in a positive light, offering constructive approaches to overcoming difficulties, and treating all individuals with respect
• Prioritizes work balancing importance from the customer perspective and operational efficiency. Follows through on commitments, communicates status of work, identifies and requests assistance with barriers that may interfere with progress. Adjusts workload when priorities and resources change, managing time and resources to ensure the best possible outcome for the customer, employee and organization
• Stays current on technical and business knowledge in all assigned applications, as well as support processes and procedures
• Bilingual in English and French an asset, but not required.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable.
• Requires strong verbal, listening, and written communication skills
• Minimum 2 years of experience or knowledge in one or more of the following areas: accounting and bookkeeping; financials and reporting; business intelligence; sales and customer relationship management; human resources, benefits, and payroll; information technology; construction and real estate; operations and inventory management
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a customer-facing role with the ability to build collaborative relationships using positive language and a service-oriented attitude
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Requires the ability to adhere to a structured work schedule and efficiently self-manage work time
• Must be able to learn and apply technical knowledge, work within defined policy and procedures, and use standardized tools and technology to perform job functions
Why Sage Canada?
Join Sage Canada, the 2018 Region of the Year Winners! Our Vancouver Campus is located only 20 mins away from downtown Vancouver. Located on Raptors Way, enjoy the spectacular views of downtown Toronto from our coffee bar. Our campuses boast with talented people just like who are passionate about solving client's business problems while enjoying an exciting space to master their craft and grow with the market leader in Integrated Accounting Software. Enjoy our comprehensive compensation package which includes a competitive salary, sales commissions / performance bonuses, on-going training and career advancements, a fun place to work, 21 days PTO to start, extra 5 days PTO to volunteer, RRSP matching contributions, fitness allowance, tuition fee allowance, extended health, dental, vision coverage and so much more! Sage Software Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer with strong practices in Diversity and Inclusion. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.