Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Be Sage, build on.
The Software Engineer analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies moderate to highly complex software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, Internet-related computer programs. The Software Engineer, Senior is independently able to solve previously unsolved classes of problems and debug difficult issues using a broad knowledge of technologies. A degree of creativity and independent judgment are required to accomplish project goals. A good understanding of the Agile process and excellent communication skills are a must. An ability to lead a project and mentor junior engineers is a must.
• Code, analyze, and design software
• Debug and fix software defects
• Participate in code reviews
• Participate in project teams to create working software
• Refactor code on project assignments
• Prepare code and documentation
• Contribute ideas to project planning
• Protect company proprietary and confidential information
• 3+ years of Software Engineer experience
• Functional skills in programming language
• Knowledge of basic, every-day tools such as code editors, source code control, and defect tracking
• Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodology
• Understand object oriented programming and has familiarity with design patterns
• Analytical and basic problem-solving abilities
• Ability to break down tasks and estimate work assignments
• Ability to clearly communicate technical approach, status, and necessity for assistance
• Ability to interact independently as well as with a team
• Adaptable to change
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Specific knowledge areas Technologies:
• CSS as well as Razor views development experience appreciated
• Experience with MS Azure
• Methodologies: MVC, SDL and TDD
Why Sage Canada?
Join Sage Canada, the 2018 Region of the Year Winners! Our Vancouver Campus is located only 20 mins away from downtown Vancouver. Located on Raptors Way, enjoy the spectacular views of downtown Toronto from our coffee bar. Our campuses boast with talented people just like who are passionate about solving client’s business problems while enjoying an exciting space to master their craft and grow with the market leader in Integrated Accounting Software. Enjoy our comprehensive compensation package which includes a competitive salary, sales commissions / performance bonuses, on-going training and career advancements, a fun place to work, 21 days PTO to start, extra 5 days PTO to volunteer, RRSP matching contributions, fitness allowance, tuition fee allowance, extended health, dental, vision coverage and so much more! Sage Software Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer with strong practices in Diversity and Inclusion. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.