The Réseau en immigration francophone de la Colombie-Britannique [Francophone Immigration Network of British Columbia] (RIFCB) is a community partnership that aims to:
- Promote partnerships and ensure consultation with stakeholders in different sectors (community, private, semi-public, governments and municipalities);
- Identify needs, strengths and weaknesses of the community and newcomers in the different stages of the continuum of integration;
- Develop action plans in Francophone immigration to meet the needs strengths and weaknesses identified and guide national priorities for francophone immigration;
- Sensitize, mobilize, and support the community and partners in the implementation of an action plan for Francophone immigration.
The RIFCB's work follows a 5-year cycle, which includes :
- Collaboration platform
- Needs Assessment and Strategic Planning
- Plan of action
The strategic plan in Francophone immigration in British Columbia currently in effect covers the period 2015-2019.
At present, the RIFCB brings together 33 members, divided into four working groups according to their mandate and expertise:
- Promotion and Recruitment
- Welcome and establishment
- Economic Integration
- Social and cultural integration
The RIFCB also coordinates several key activities for the development and enhancement of the community, such as the celebration of the National Francophone Immigration Week.
The Réseau en immigration francophone de la Colombie-Britannique includes the following organizations:
- Association des francophones et francophiles du nord-ouest (AFFNO)
- Association francophone de Surrey (AFS)
- British Columbia Construction Associate (BCCA)
- Centre culturel francophone de Vancouver
- Centre d’intégration pour immigrants africains (CIIA)
- Cercle des Canadiens français de Prince George
- Chambre de commerce francophone de Vancouver
- Conseil culturel et artistique francophone de la Colombie-Britannique (CCAFCB)
- Conseil scolaire francophone de la Colombie-Britannique (CSF)
- Fédération des francophones de la Colombie-Britannique (FFCB)
- Fédération des parents francophones in British Columbia (FPFCB)
- Guide du croutard
- La Boussole
- Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
- Réseau-Femmes Colombie-Britannique
- Société de développement économique de la Colombie-Britannique (SDECB)
- Société francophone de Maillardville (SFM)
- Société francophone de Victoria
The RIFCB also has two observer members:
- BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
In addition to these organizations, immigrants, entrepreneurs and employers enrich the work of the working groups by providing them with their perspective, their experience and expertise.
If you wish to become a member of RIFCB and get involved in one of its working groups, contact us !
The RIFCB is recognized by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) as a key partner in supporting the Government of Canada's efforts to meet Francophone immigration objectives.
La Rencontre terrain (field meetings) is a collaborative framework for francophone officers from settling service providers and front line agents of Francophone organizations working with immigrants.
Here is what the field meetings can bring you:
This collaborative forum allows agents to get to know one other better, and to share best practices and ressources to assist francophone immigrants with better integration. Members of the field meeting meet once per month on every third Wednesday of the month.
Would you like to join this group and discuss the practices and challenges of your organization as a service supplier to immigrants? Contact us.
- Community Airport Newcomers Network (CANN)
- Conseil scolaire francophone de la C.-B. (CSF)
- Immigrant Society of British Columbia (ISSBC)
- La Boussole
- MOSAIC – Burnaby
- New to BC
- Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) – services en français
- Programme d’immigration francophone de la C.-B. (PIFCB)
- Réso Santé
- Société de développement économique de la C.-B. (SDECB)