The Réseau en immigration francophone de la Colombie-Britannique [Francophone Immigration Network of British Columbia] (RIFCB) is a community partnership that aims to:
- promote partnerships and ensure consultation with stakeholders in different sectors (community, private, semi-public, governments and municipalities);
- identify needs, strengths and weaknesses of the community and newcomers in the different stages of the continuum of integration;
- develop action plans in Francophone immigration to meet the needs strengths and weaknesses identified and guide national priorities for francophone immigration;
- sensitize, mobilize and support the community and partners in the implementation of an action plan for Francophone immigration.
The RIFCB's work follows a 5-year cycle, which includes a needs assessment and the development of strategic planning and creating an action plan, and finally implementation.
- 1. Collaboration platform
- 2. Needs Assessment and Strategic Planning
- 3. Plan of action
- 4. Implementation
The strategic plan in Francophone immigration in British Columbia currently in effect covers the period 2015-2019. (Downloadable PDF link on "strategic plan")
At present, the RIFCB brings together 28 members, divided into four working groups according to their mandate and expertise:
- Promotion and Recruitment
- Welcome and establishment
- Economic Integration
- Social and cultural integration
In 2017, the priority of RIFCB and its working groups will be the implementation of the 2015-2019 strategic planning, through concrete initiatives and projects to support the achievement of strategic objectives in terms of Francophone immigration and the lines of action that result.
The RIFCB also coordinates several key activities for the development and enhancement of the community, such as the celebration of National Francophone Immigration Week.
The Réseau en immigration francophone de la Colombie-Britannique includes the following organizations:
- Association des francophones et francophiles du nord-ouest (AFFNO)
- Association francophone de Surrey (AFS)
- Centre culturel francophone de Vancouver
- Centre d’intégration pour immigrants africains (CIIA)
- Cercle des Canadiens français de Prince George
- Chambre de commerce francophone de Vancouver
- Conseil culturel et artistique francophone de la Colombie-Britannique (CCAFCB)
- Fédération des francophones de la Colombie-Britannique (FFCB)
- Fédération des parents francophones in British Columbia (FPFCB)
- Guide du croutard
- La Boussole
- Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
- Réseau-Femmes Colombie-Britannique
- Société de développement économique de la Colombie-Britannique (SDECB)
- Société francophone de Maillardville (SFM)
- Société francophone de Victoria
The RIFCB also has two observer members:
- BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
In addition to these organizations, immigrants, entrepreneurs and employers enrich the work of the working groups by providing them with their perspective, their experience and expertise.
If you wish to become a member of RIFCB and get involved in one of its working groups, contact us !
The RIFCB is recognized by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) as a key partner in supporting the Government of Canada's efforts to meet Francophone immigration objectives.
The field meeting is a collaborative framework for francophone officers from settling service providers and front line agents of Francophone organizations working with immigrants.
Here is what the field meeting brings you
This collaborative forum allows agents to get to know one other better, and to share best practices and sources to assist francophone immigrants with better integration. Members of the field meeting meet once per month or every third Wednesday of the month.
Would you like to join this group and discuss the practices and challenges of your organization as a service supplier to immigrants? Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible!
- Community Airport Newcomers Network (CANN)
- Conseil scolaire francophone de la C.-B. (CSF)
- Immigrant Society of British Columbia (ISSBC)
- La Boussole
- MOSAIC – Burnaby
- New to BC
- Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) – services en français
- Programme d’immigration francophone de la C.-B. (PIFCB)
- Réso Santé
- Société de développement économique de la C.-B. (SDECB)