Ages: Between 15 & 30 years old (age criteria can be waived: you can apply if you are younger or older)
Priority given to girls & women with a Permanent Resident status.
If you are a Citizen but you are really motivated, your application will be considered
- LEADERSHIP OVERWIEW
- LEADERSHIP STYLES: Individual leadership competency assessment tool, DiSC, group dynamics & collaboration strategies
- MANAGEMENT: Project management, self-management & change management fundamentals
- FUNDRAISING: Stakeholder analysis & partnership development
- ENGAGEMENT: Community & volunteer engagement methods
- COMMUNICATION: Effective communication & negotiation techniques
- PUBLIC SPEAKING: Elevator Pitch, effective presentations techniques & giving/receiving feedback
- SELF-CARE: Resilience & mindfulness as leadership practices
Workshop dates & time commitment:
7 workshops & group activities of 3h each on Sundays 1 to 4 pm
- 11 & 18 February
- 4, 11 & 18 March
Active participation on the Welcome Day Celebration for Immigrants & Refugees
- Saturday 24 February from 9 am to 4pm
Homework after each workshop & activity should take between 2 to 3 hours to achieve
Workshops will mainly take place at 531 Yates St. (3rd floor, entry through Commercial Alley)
You must commit to attend ALL of the activities unless there are unexpected circumstances that will prevent you from doing so. If you miss a class or two, you will be able to catch up with the help of the instructor and your class mates.
Transportation expenses will be covered as well as books, supplies and any other related costs.
Format & activities:
- 6 face-to-face group learning sessions of 3h each
- Mentorship matching between participants and local youth in leadership positions
- Panel talks to meet and learn from local community leaders about important issues regarding our community
- Conceive and develop a group community project & receive coaching from concept to delivery
This is a FREE program financed by the Federal Government of Canada through Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada IRCC.
Places are limited, please register by Friday January 19
Registration & information: Ximena Londoño 250-800-1601 or email@example.com