Settlement Assistance

Support for Your Settlement in British Columbia

Administrative Support

Whether you're arriving alone or with your family, settling in British Columbia requires several administrative steps. Our settlement officers will assess your needs and guide you through the process.

Here's an overview of the services available to you :

  • Information on administrative procedures (Social Insurance Number (SIN), telephone number, driver's license, etc.);
  • Information and assistance in applying for the Medical Services Plan (MSP);
  • Access to children's school system and information on post-secondary institutions;
  • Childcare information;
  • Understanding the banking system and helping with opening an account;
  • Referral to Language Instructions for Newcomers (LINC) program (*note that this program is offered exclusively to permanent residents).

Extend or Change Your Stay in Canada

Our settlement agents provide information on the various immigration programs available to you to extend your stay in Canada or your work permit.

However, British Columbia Francophone Immigration Program agents cannot do the work of immigration lawyers and consultants.

Contact an agent

Additional Resources

Several external resources are available to help you extend your work permit or modify the terms of your stay to suit your needs :

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Vous êtes abonné. Merci!
Une erreur est survenue, veuillez réessayer!